What does everyone in the modern world need to know? 12 Rules For Life by Jordan Peterson gives you the answer to this most difficult of questions through the combination of hard-won truths of ancient tradition with the stunning revelations of cutting-edge scientific research.
With wide-ranging questions including:
- What does the nervous system of the lowly lobster have to tell us about standing up straight (with our shoulders back) and about success in life?
- Why did ancient Egyptians worship the capacity to pay careful attention as the highest of gods?
- What dreadful paths do people tread when they become resentful, arrogant, and vengeful?
Peterson journeys broadly, discussing discipline, freedom, adventure, and responsibility, distilling the world’s wisdom into 12 practical and profound rules for life.
12 Rules For Life shatters the modern commonplaces of science, faith, and human nature while transforming and ennobling the mind and spirit of its readers.
Scroll down and read the list of the 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson.
Get The Book: 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson is available now onAmazon.
12 Rules For Life List
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Treat yourself like you are someone you are responsible for helping.
- Make friends with people who want the best for you.
- Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today.
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient).
- Tell the truth — or, at least, don’t lie.
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t.
- Be precise in your speech.
- Do not bother children when they are skate-boarding.
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.