Looking for positive affirmations that can alleviate your depression? Here are 30 affirmations for depression that are tried and true.
Do Affirmations Work For Depression?
Yes. Positive affirmations work for depression.
Affirmations work well against depression because they can gently replace your negative thoughts with more positive ones.
So the only way to stop the negative spiral of thoughts is to consciously interrupt its pattern with positive thoughts.
I have struggled with depression so I have huge compassion for everyone going through it. But the fact that you reading this blog post means you are willing to make a positive step towards recovery, and I honor you for that.
Affirmations have served me greatly on my path to recovery so I know they will serve you too.
Read below for 30 gentle but powerful positive affirmations for depression.
30 Positive Affirmations For Depression
- I witness my negative thoughts without any judgment.
- I allow myself to feel deeply.
- I give myself permission to be in the pain.
- It’s okay to feel into the pain.
- I am willing to see this differently.
- I am willing to see this situation with more love.
- I am my biggest supporter.
- I am my biggest cheerleader.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I have decided to love myself unapologetically.
- Compassion is my compass.
- I’m on the path toward recovery.
- Every day is a better day.
- I am proud of how far I have come.
- I am not my negative thoughts.
- Depression does not define me as a person.
- I am ready for radical transformation.
- I am grateful for my progress.
- It’s okay to take baby steps.
- I can choose to think better-feeling thoughts.
- I claim my desire to get better.
- I am unapologetic about my healing path.
- I reclaim joy as my birthright.
- I honor myself for trying to get better.
- It’s okay to have bad days.
- I welcome solutions of the highest good.
- I welcome creative possibilities.
- I am open to creative solutions for healing.
- I am open to new ways of feeling good.
- I am ready for a new way of living.
Can You Manifest Depression To Go Away Using Affirmations?
Yes. You can manifest relief from depression using affirmations.
Everything in your life is a manifestation of your thoughts. This means you can manifest away depression using your thoughts too.
The best way to manifest depression relief is to use your affirmations daily to enforce the belief that you will experience freedom from depression no matter what.
Manifesting is all about ensuring your thoughts are in alignment with what you want all day long. And affirmations are the perfect way to help you do that.
How Do Affirmations Help With Depression?
Affirmations help with depression by consciously directing your focus to what you want to attract into your life.
For example, if you find yourself feeling depressed over your current circumstances, you can use an affirmation to remind yourself that everything will work itself out.
By repeating the affirmation and feeling into the power of the words, you can reorganize your internal state to align with what you desire.
As you change your internal state, your external reality will change along with it.
How Long Does It Take To Manifest Freedom From Depression Using Affirmations?
It usually takes a few weeks to start manifesting improvements in your depression.
The exact amount of time it will take depends on how well you stay in alignment with the belief that you can experience freedom from depression.
If you’re always thinking about your depression and how difficult it is to overcome it, you will block your healing from manifesting.
You cannot think about not having what you want and manifest what you want at the same time.
The majority of your thoughts must be aligned with the belief that healing is available to you.
This means no negative self-talk, no self-doubt, and no complaining about your depression.
As long as you believe you can manifest freedom from depression, you will manifest it.
How Many Times To Say Each Depression Affirmation?
You should repeat the depression affirmations at least twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.
And then you should repeat the depression affirmations whenever you find your thoughts out of alignment with your desire of being free from depression.
For example, if you find yourself feeling depressed, immediately use the depression affirmations to replace your negative thought with more positive ones.
If you want to manifest relief from depression, you must ensure the majority of your thoughts are aligned with being free from it.
How To Use Positive Affirmations For Depression
If you’re new to affirmations, you can follow these 5 steps on how to use affirmations to get started.
But the number one thing to remember when using positive affirmations is it’s all about how you feel.
Affirmations work the best when you actually believe in what you are saying. Don’t just recite affirmations just for the sake of doing it.
Choose a few that resonate with you and actually imagine how you feel if you lived out the affirmation.
If reciting an affirmation brings you a sense of relief, then you are on the right track to harnessing the power of positive affirmations.