30 Easy Journal Prompts for Self-Love
Last Updated on
Self-love is an intentional practice, so the best way to cultivate more self-love is to put your thoughts on paper and journal. When you actively reflect on the things you love about yourself, you gain mental clarity and strengthen the habit of loving yourself. It’s hard to love yourself in the age of social media where we are can’t help but compare ourselves to others. So a good way to disconnect is to go offline and write in your journal instead. Get started today with these 30 Easy Journal Prompts For Self-Love.
Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.
30 Easy Journal Prompts For Self-Love
- What’s your favorite part of your body?
- What’s the best part of your self-care routine?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- What’s one thing in your home that brings you joy?
- Describe how self-love makes you feel.
- When was the last time you forgave someone?
- What’s a recent compliment you have received?
- How can you love yourself more?
- How can you be less hard on yourself?
- What’s a quote that inspires you?
- How can you express more gratitude in your life?
- List three qualities you love about yourself.
- List three things you can do right now to love yourself more.
- What makes you happy?
- What’s a song that always lifts you up?
- Describe the last time you treated yourself to something nice.
- What was your biggest achievement?
- What are the limiting beliefs that are holding you back?
- Do you have something that you can let go of?
- What do you do to feel good?
- What’s a feeling you want to cultivate more of?
- List three things about yourself that you’re proud of.
- Describe the ways you support yourself.
- Where can you set boundaries in your life?
- What’s a fear you have conquered recently?
- What’s something that’s holding you back in your life?
- How do you want to feel in this present moment?
- List three ways you can cultivate more joy in your life.
- How does being of service to others make you feel?
- What do you love about your life?
Three Rules For Journaling for Self-Love
Rule #1: Let It Flow
Don’t overthink when you’re answering these gratitude journal prompts. You’ll be the only one reading it so just let your thoughts flow. If you notice yourself being judgmental towards yourself or others, witness it, forgive yourself, and let it go.
Rule #2: Have Fun
Lean into the good vibrations gratitude brings you. You want to make journalling as fun as possible. When journaling is an activity that brings you happiness, you are likely to do it again and again until it turns into a habit.
Rule #3: Reflect On It
After you’re done writing your answer to the gratitude journal prompt, take a moment to read it over and reflect on it. Combine this reflection with a few cycles of deep breathing and you’re practicing the restorative act of meditation.
Five-Minute Gratitude Journal
Take 5 minutes a day to answer a journal prompt for self-love and reflect on the positive things in your life. Our Five-Minute Gratitude Journal contains 52 weeks of curated journal prompts to help you cultivate self-love and gratitude through the power of journaling. Available now on Etsy.