The Emotional Guidance Scale is the perfect solution when you want to proactively get yourself out of an emotional downward spiral.
Some common advice we receive when we’re feeling anxious or stressed out are things like “just try to think positively” or “everything will be alright“.
While these sayings are nice, sometimes you need something more tangible to help you raise your vibration and feel better. This is where the Emotional Guidance Scale comes in.
What Is The Emotional Guidance Scale?
The Emotional Guidance Scale is a scale of our feelings and emotions, in sequence from our highest vibrational feelings to our lowest.
It is broken down into 22 of the most common emotions from emotions with the highest vibration (joy) to emotions with the lowest vibration (powerlessness).
The Emotional Guidance Scale was developed and popularized by Abraham Hicks in the book “Ask and It Is Given“.
This book will help you learn how to manifest your desires so that you’re living the joyous and fulfilling life you deserve.
The Emotional Guidance Scale
- Joy / Knowledge / Empowerment / Freedom / Love / Appreciation
- Positive Expectation / Belief
- Frustration / Irritation / Impatience
- Insecurity / Guilt / Unworthiness
- Fear / Grief / Desperation / Despair / Powerlessness
How To Use The Emotional Guidance Scale?
Using The Emotional Guidance Scale is kind of like climbing a ladder.
You start at the bottom (the emotion you’re currently identifying with) and make your way to the top, one step at a time.
When you want to feel better, you can simply identify where you are on the Emotional Guidance Scale and instantly reach for better-feeling thoughts that lead to better-feeling emotions.
Once you’re feeling stable in a new emotion, you’ve successfully moved up the scale.
Then you continue the practice of reaching for a better-feeling thought and moving up the scale to a higher-vibration emotion.
Step 1: Identify Your Current Emotion
Look at The Emotional Guidance Scale and identify which state of emotion you are currently in.
You may feel multiple emotions at once, but choose the one you resonate with the most at that very moment.
Step 2: Acknowledge and Forgive Yourself
Acknowledge how you are feeling and forgive yourself for feeling that way.
Don’t beat yourself up for feeling that negative emotion; instead, give thanks that you are able to recognize that you were in a negative mindset, and you have the opportunity to reach for a better feeling.
Step 3: Slowly Move Upwards
Refer back to The Emotional Guidance Scale and look at emotions above your current state.
Don’t try to immediately jump to an emotion that’s too high on the scale; the key here is to move slowly.
Every shift you make pulls you closer and closer to that upward spiral.
Tips for climbing The Emotional Guidance Scale:
1. Say a prayer “Thank you, Universe, for showing me I’m out of alignment with my power. I choose to see peace instead of this. I will step back and let you lead the way.”
2. Approach the situation using the next better-feeling emotion.
3. Reflect to see if this is a learning assignment presented to you from The Universe.
4. Distract yourself and go do something that feels good and brings you joy.
Celebrate Every Small Win
Be proud of yourself every time you successfully move up the scale.
By showing high-vibe emotions like enthusiasm and optimism for your practice, you will be able to move up the scale more quickly.
The upward spiral of emotions is kind of like a vacuum, as you build momentum towards it, it becomes easier and easier to reach the top.
Soon, it will become natural for you to reach for better-feeling emotions and vibrate upwards towards joy.
“The very second we choose a loving thought, our emotions shift and our energy changes. This is realignment with the Universe.” – Gabrielle Bernstein
Download Your Free Manifestation Planner
Download a free copy of your very own Manifestation Planner to begin your manifestation journey today.
- Gain clarity over what you are trying to manifest
- Visualize your future self
- Get rid of the limiting beliefs in your way
- Set positive daily affirmations
- Co-create with the Universe by creating your action plan and to-do list
I hope you find this blog post helpful and that it serves you. I look forward to hearing your thoughts down below.
Similar Articles You May Like:
- 50 Law of Attraction Quotes from The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein
- 50 Powerful Quotes from Super Attractor by Gabrielle Bernstein
- 50 Marie Forleo Quotes from Everything is Figureoutable
- 40 Inspirational Quotes from Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle
- 50 Empowering Quotes from Untamed by Glennon Doyle